Thursday, October 25, 2012

latticework

So, I finished the lace square. Well, the first lace square. And actually, I finished it a couple of days ago. Here's a fun fact: I measured it, unblocked, of course, but measured. 11.5". And it's the largest square. Blocking this thing is going to be fun.

In other news, I made a scarf for a coworker's daughter, and a pair of socks which will be a giftmas present for someone. And, since I love lace so much, I've started the next square that has an openwork rib.

I'll just say it now. I don't like lace. I find it fiddly. I think the amount of work for yarn overs and k2tog and p3togtbl just not worth the end result. I'd rather cable, or k1below, or strand, or anything other than knit into a yarn over. It's just not fun.


Just for fun. I don't understand why people like instagram. I mean, all you need is poor lighting…

No comments:

Post a Comment