Friday, October 5, 2012

Obligatory Introduction

A person whom I respect (and whom I secretly think wants everyone to write, because she likes it so much) suggested I keep a blog while making the Great American Aran Afghan. At first, I didn’t think I would, mostly because I’m not all that interested in writing, but after flubbing my third (consecutive!) square, I figure this can only end badly, so why not document the tragedy as it happens.

So, here we go.

A little background, I started knitting when I was about 18 or 19, because after my best friend’s father bought a rather large bag of yarn and some old 80’s knitting magazines and she was unable to do anything with it except make knots, it was given to me and about two weeks later, I gave her a scarf. Several years later (I have no intention of doing the math), I’ve made tons of stuff, and gotten considerably better at my knitting. We’ll see just how much better I’ve gotten once we get to all the mistakes I’ve made in this afghan.

(Let’s just pretend I’m going to cast on at the point. We all already know that I’ve cast on [and finished] three squares already, but what’s life without a little suspension of disbelief?)

Time to cast on. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment